Monday 27 October 2014

Traveling from Highveld to the Lowveld

We spent a great week in Johannesburg with Paul's sister and I was blessed with being able to meet up with two of my high school friends. Once we had all got over our jet lag we took a 500+ km drive from Johannesburg to Trackers. It was a long day but a happy one.

We drove via the Voortrekker Monument (I will share more on this next month when I'm back in Australia). I visited this monument back in 1981 and it made such an impression on me I've wanted to return ever since. We spent two hours exploring the monument before resuming our trip.

There are salesmen at most traffic light intersections

The approach to the Voortrekker Monument in Pretoria South Africa

Nathaniel sitting on an ox wagon

Ox wagon lapa

Voortrekker Monument

This display is made of icing

Nathaniel found a money tree

The Jacaranda trees are in full bloom 


The rolling hills of the high veldt

Till next time Chareen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥