Monday 7 April 2014

FREE Geography Resources for Homeschool

Welcome to Day 1 of the 5 Days of ... Blog Hop brought to you by the 2014 Schoolhouse Review Crew. Last year I shared with you my Homeschool for FREE list and then updated it in January this year.  I have been feeling a little frustrated with it's length and it's been difficult to find the information I want in it so this week I will be sharing shorter lists divided into subject areas.

With the advent of the internet and the generosity of many homeschool mothers there are some amazing resources available for us today.

Unit Studies on this blog
As we travel the globe on our discovery of Geography I will be adding more geography unit studies to this blog.
Mapping 

Books we love
(Libraries are an excellent resource to teach for FREE)

Homeschool Creations
 On Pinterest 
Flags

On the WWW

    What are some of your favourite FREE resources for teaching Geography ?  Leave a link in the comments and I will add them to the list

    Blessings
    Chareen

    April Blog HopPlease take some time to read the posts by my fellow crew mates this week who are sharing on their chosen topics.  Here are a few to get you started.

    This post was featured on Top 100 posts for 2016
    FREE Stamp graphic courtesy: Stuart Miles

    18 comments:

    1. Thanks so much for sharing a link to our resources. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You're welcome :) Thank you for all the work you put into your great resource

        Delete
    2. This is a really helpful resource. I will pin for future reference.

      We like Seterra too. My teenage son sometimes challenges me and often beats me!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Sounds like fun. I think I need to brush up on my geography before I take on any games like that :)

        Delete
    3. Good morning, Chareen! I loved all your ideas----WHAT a comprehensive list! Megamaps alone would have been worth the visit. Can't wait to try that out!

      Hugs,
      Melanie (Wren)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Glad you like it Melanie :) Yes I agree Megamaps are great

        Delete
    4. I am bookmarking this article, Chareen, because I love all these geography resources you listed. Thank you!! We really integrate our many missionary friends in with our real-life geography learning - it provides just a tremendous amount of experience, knowledge (and godly wisdom!) to hear from these dear people. Even just something as simple as having a missionary world prayer map and reading their newsletters aloud is really effective in making geography more personal for the kids!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Love that approach to Geography Gwen. You are very welcome I enjoyed compiling it :)

        Delete
    5. You are so awesome with free resources. Thank you, thank you, thank you for compiling these!

      ReplyDelete
    6. So much great stuff here Chareen! I love the look of those maps.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Chareen
      What an awesome list!!!! and yes big fans of mega maps here and sheppard software for geo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you Erin :) Yes Megamaps are an excellent resource

        Delete
    8. I adore this series!! Geography is a big focus of ours next year, and I will be sure to visit this again when I'm planning out my schedule!!! Thanks Chareen!

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥