Friday 28 June 2013

Artist Study {Claude Monet}

Impression Sunrise
Monet's Garden exhibition is currently on display here in Melbourne at the National Gallery of Victoria. This has inspired us to spend a delightful month studying Monet and the Impressionist art era. Last Friday we took a trip into Melbourne and enjoyed a lovely day exploring of the gallery.  In preparation for the trip we spent some time exploring the life and work of Monet. Here are some of the resources that we used.

WWW
Art Project Inspiration
Paint Like Monet: A Beginner's Guide


On Pinterest - Claude Monet

Books


YouTube
All in all we have really enjoyed this artistic adventure and look forward to future artisit studies.
Blessings

Chareen

PS What are your favourite resources for studying Monet ?

21 comments:

  1. wow, this is a fabulous list thank you for taking the time to compile it. It will definitely be put to good use :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Kylie. I enjoyed doing it :)

      Delete
  2. oh this is just wonderful! I am pinning to my art resources and sharing! great unit. lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had fun finding the resources for this one. I had never painted before so it was fun trying it out

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful resource. Thank you for pulling together so many sites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We didn't spend a month on Monet, but Lydia loved making her own watercolor of his garden (and she added fairies). Bookmarking this great list of resources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try and do a water colour this week of the water lilies

      Delete
  5. I'm going to have to pin this to my board of art projects for my little artist. What a wonderful list you put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is my favourite resource :) Enjoy

      Delete
  6. This is WONDERFUL! I pinned it for future reference! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! My oldest would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent resource list. I need to save this for when we study Monet. I imagine seeing the works in person was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chareen that is a gorgeous painting. Makes me want to go back and study Monet all over again ... :)

    Have you seen the Mike Venezia books on artists, composers, US presidents, etc.? My daughters adore his books and we used the Monet one when we studied him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me about Mike's book. We used that first and I had forgotten all about it. Added it to the list now.

      I agree I like that print too :)

      Delete
  10. Tons of great resources! I have pinned this so we can come back later. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great list of resources. The Monet painting is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Love this! One of my favorite painters :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥