Tuesday 22 November 2011

Tuesdays Treasures {18}

 Welcome to Tuesdays Treasures.  I started these posts as a way of sharing great books in honour of my friend in New Zealand who would arrive with the treasures she had unearthed at her weekly trip to the library!

There are so many wonderful books out there hiding on shelves so I invite you to blog about a book on your shelf, one you're reading or one you found at the library and add your post in the linky below. 

This week ...

When I was at Daylesford Paul took me to a second hand bookshelf that came highly recommended where  I discovered this series of books by Joy Berry that was first published in 1988 called Help Me be Good. I was quite pleased to find that these books are still available for purchase from Joy Berry Books: Store


There are 29 books in the series
Bad Sport
Being Bossy
Being Bullied
Being Careless
Being Forgetful
Being Greedy
Being Lazy
Being Mean
Being Messy
Being Rude
Being Selfish
Being Wasteful
Breaking Promises
Cheating
Complaining
Disobeying
Fighting
Gossiping
Lying
Overdoing it
Showing Off
Snooping
Stealing
Tattling
Teasing
Throwing Tantrums
Whining
Or purchase them as a boxed set of 28 books.

Joy has written a short 10 part series on character development  which addresses a few misconceptions, equips parents with guidelines in teaching character to children in different age brackets,  standards and goals are among the topics.

Why I like these little books...
I love these little books as each story clearly illustrates the topic at hand but does not stop there it speaks into the life of the child by empowering them with the information to make a right choice in a number of different areas. Joy talks about the effect of the wrong choice not only to the child but to the family and greater community. If you can find these in your local opp shop do not hesitate to buy them.  They are worth their weight in gold.


Blessings






Please link back to this post before 
Using the linky below to add your treasure:





2 comments:

  1. Oh my! What a trip down memory lane as we used this series of books when my children were little. They really enjoyed them!

    The books were relevant and applicable - we could always relate to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan

    I agree. We have already used a few and they spoke clearly and directly in a simple way with out losing the depth of the message.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave your comments below ♥